Donating Appreciated Stocks
Giving stock is a simple and powerful way to support the work of Friends of the Fiscalini Ranch Preserve. It also offers you financial benefits:
- You can easily donate appreciated stocks, bonds, or mutual funds
- The total value of the stock upon transfer may be tax-deductible
- There is no obligation to pay any capital gains taxes on the appreciation
Note: Individual situations vary so donors should consult their advisors.
Friends of the Fiscalini Ranch Preserve Stock Giving Instructions
Your broker may electronically transfer the gift directly to our account:
- Brokerage House: Charles Schwab
- DTC Number: 0164
- Account Number: 9426-9195
- Account Name: Friends of the Fiscalini Ranch Preserve
- Additional Information for Reference Field: Donor Name
- If needed, Employer Identification Number (EIN)/Federal Tax Identification Number (TIN): 91-2161009
Please note, it is important that you (or your broker) alert FFRP via phone or email that the gift is being transferred to our account, as the stock will arrive without identification. Be sure to include the name of your financial brokerage, date of transfer, ticker names and number of shares per ticker.
Please also include a mailing address where we can send a tax receipt with the donor’s full legal name as it appears on tax returns.
Once your stock gift is processed, a tax receipt will be mailed out stating the name of the stock, the number of shares, and the date it was received by Friends of the Fiscalini Ranch Preserve. Your tax advisor should determine the value of the gift.
If you need further assistance, contact at Friends of the Fiscalini Ranch Preserve:
Kitty Connolly, (805) 927-2856, kitty at ffrpcambria.org
Thank you for your interest in supporting Fiscalini Ranch Preserve!
The contents of this page are provided for informational purposes only and are not intended as a substitute for professional legal or estate-planning advice. Friends of the Fiscalini Ranch Preserve strongly recommends that you consult a professional advisor trained in handling trusts and estates when considering any planned giving options.