IRA Charitable Rollover
A Tax-Saving Way to Help Friends of the Fiscalini Ranch Preserve
If you are 70½ years old or older, you can take advantage of a simple way to benefit Friends of the Fiscalini Ranch Preserve and receive tax benefits in return. You can give any amount up to $100,000 per year from your IRA directly to a qualified charity such as ours without having to pay income taxes on the money. This popular gift option is commonly called the IRA charitable rollover, but you may also see it referred to as a qualified charitable distribution, or QCD for short.
Why Consider This Gift?
- Your gift will be put to use today, allowing you to see the difference your donation is making.
- You pay no income taxes on the gift. The transfer generates neither taxable income nor a tax deduction, so you benefit even if you do not itemize your deductions.
- Beginning in the year you turn 72, you can use your gift to satisfy all or part of your required minimum distribution.
- Since the gift doesn’t count as income, it can reduce your annual income level. This may help lower your Medicare premiums and decrease the amount of Social Security that is subject to tax.
Ask your IRA administrator about making a direct transfer to Friends of the Fiscalini Ranch Preserve or have the administrator send a check from your account to us. (To be tax free, the donation must go directly from your account to Friends of the Fiscalini Ranch Preserve without passing through your hands.)
- Legal Name: Friends of the Fiscalini Ranch Preserve
- Federal Tax ID Number: 91-2161009
- Street Address: 604D Main Street, Cambria, CA 93428
- Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1664, Cambria, CA 93428
The contents of this page are provided for informational purposes only and are not intended as a substitute for professional legal or estate-planning advice. Friends of the Fiscalini Ranch Preserve strongly recommends that you consult a professional advisor trained in handling trusts and estates when considering any planned giving options.